If I had read a review of Site Build It (SBI) 5 years ago back in 2005 before I started ReplaceYourSalary.com with my goal of making money online with affiliate marketing, and had I built my website using SBI, I wonder how differently things might have turned out. Not that I’m doing terrible now or anything, but who knows if my Internet Marketing journey could have been much smoother, faster or become more profitable faster?
This review is written not just to uncover some of the “what ifs” I could have missed over the years but more so to present aspiring online marketers and small business owners with what some people say is a revolutionary way of making money online.
What exactly is Site Build It (SBI)?
What Members Can Do and Expect from SBI After Joining
- Site Build It (SBI) was created and founded by Dr. Ken Envoy from Canada in 1997 and has helped hundreds of thousands of ordinary people build an online business that outperform many other more established competitors.
- It’s a comprehensive system that provides you a step-by-step solution using very powerful tools and marketing resources not just to build a website but to build a web business. Think of it as a mentor holding your hand in this site building program that covers the process, guidance and software to help you build a profitable Internet Marketing business.
- There are many tools that are available for members, some of which are ‘Preparation tools,’ ‘Building and Hosting tools,’ ‘Traffic Building tools’ and ‘Other tools.’
- There is a lot of behind-the-scene work that is done for your website including RSS and site submission to the major search engines, pinging and automatic Sitemap generation.
- Access to a private forum and 24 Hour SiteSell Support.
- Free domain name for each subscription (worth $10 per year).
- Free unlimited autoresponder (worth roughly $170 per year).
- SBI builds a static website, but they have a tool that lets you create a blog automatically, so every time you build a web page, just activating “Blog It” will create a blog post behind the scenes for you.
- SBI uses a proprietary Keyword Research Tool called ‘Brainstorm It’ – this is very similar to the popular and expensive keyword tool Keyword Elite created by Brad Callen.
- Free upgrade to “Content 2.0” which embraces the powerful web 2.0 to enhance visitors’ participation and contribution on your website which results in more traffic and better search engine ranking. Think of C2.0 as yielding the same power of Facebook, YouTube, Twitter – only on a smaller scale. Content 2.0 also focuses a lot more on the monetization aspect of your website to make it even more profitable.
- SBI uses video tutorials in the step-by-step instructions so that listening and viewing them make it very easy to follow in a 10-day process of building your website.
- SBI displays your site ranking with the major search engines like Google and shows the Search Engine Results Pages (SERP) of all relevant keywords belonging to your niche that you are ranking for.
Video Tour of SBI!
A video is worth a million words, so I wanted to just stop right here and share a video with you that will take you through a quick tour of Site Build It that may explain things a little better than what I can here.
And… before you continue reading, and if you have time, you may be interested in taking the complete SBI Video Tour, which I would recommend doing. Simply click here to take the tour now. The link will open in a new window so you can come back here after you’re done viewing.
Site Built It – Is it for You?
- SBI is not for you if you are looking for a get rich quick scheme. SBI isn’t a springboard that helps you land on a pot of gold and your business runs on auto-pilot. There is still a lot of work that you must do to be successful in your web business including building quality content for your website to bring in the targeted traffic needed to generate sales. It does however help you accelerate your content-building to hundreds or thousands of pages to grow your website and make it a profitable business.
- After taking a close look at Site Build It, it does appear that this comprehensive all-in-one website builder is much favored by the complete Internet Marketing newbie. It’s perfect for those who have little computer knowledge, are less technical savvy and probably don’t know much about SEO or marketing in general. Everything is well laid out and structured, so there is very little room for mistakes if you follow the instructions carefully.
- I know some of you are thinking right now that you can easily build a website using WordPress, which is free. That’s true, and I thought the exact same thing. But, I then read why it’s better to use SBI vs. WordPress especially if you plan on making money from your blog. It’s an interesting read and certainly worth checking out. Sure makes me think a little about my future websites that I’ve been planning.
- The format of the step-by-step guide may be ideal for most new online marketers who aren’t familiar with the technical aspect of site building and layout, but these instructions can get a little overwhelming after a while for some. If this happens, the video tutorials ought to make things much clearer.
- SBI is great if you want to get started with affiliate marketing. As you know if you follow my blog, my business revolves around affiliate marketing to make the majority of my online income. I absolutely love it! Well, if you’re at all curious about becoming an affiliate, check out what Site Build It can do for you with its affiliate marketing business model.
- You may still not be sure if SBI will help you in your online business, so the 30-day money back guarantee lets you try out some of these tools and determine for yourself if it’s right for you.
How Much Does SBI Cost?
There are two payment options available: monthly and yearly.
You can pay $299 yearly OR $29.99 monthly with an option to switch to an annual payment so as to save $60 a year. Yearly seems to be the better option here. But, the monthly payment option is new and possibly could appeal to those who like what they see in SBI and want to treat this monthly payment as a cost of doing business, much like maintaining a web hosting account, which is what I do.
Is Site Build It Worth the Investment?
I honestly don’t know what I would have done if I had known about SBI when I started my online business. Looking back, I think $299 for a year is worth the investment as I know I’ve spent much more than that each year I’ve been “in business.”
It really is a small price to pay when you think about all the training, guidance, resources and tools that are available to you. That $299 can easily be earned back within your first year if you put in the hard work necessary to succeed with your online business.
I would recommend anyone looking to start a successful internet business take a close look at Site Build It and everything they have to offer. Afterall, you have a full 30 days to try it out and see if it’s for you or not. If not, no biggie, you haven’t lost anything except a month’s worth of time.