Facebook is the world’s largest online social community. Online Marketing through Facebook is becoming vital for the success of any business. Marketing activities on Facebook is like a complimentary gift for any website. The approach that you might already be applying on your site can be enhanced by repeating that on Facebook and capturing the 700 million+ users which present a huge market.
You can set some goals for yourself for Facebook Marketing. Goals can include the reduction of your traditional marketing cost, optimizing your brand or improving customer service as well as customer acquisition.
What are the Main Goals for Facebook Marketing?
You can set three main goals for your Facebook Marketing…
- Increasing Facebook ‘Likes’
- Improving Engagement
- Increasing Sales
This is the same as building an email subscriber database for your site or business, building fans and followers to engage them as a part of your community. But at the end, you need to sell them your product.
Facebook ‘likes’ is a great way for distributing content, news and ideas that further help you to bring in subscribers. However, Facebook ‘likes’ do not work the same as email marketing. It enhances your marketing mix.
How to Increase Facebook ‘Likes’ and Enhance Your Marketing Mix?
Below are 8 tips to help you market effectively on Facebook:
1. Inform your existing prospects through email that you now have a Facebook page. Do not forget to place the link of your Page in that email and encourage them to visit that page.
2. Invite your family and friends to ‘Like’ your Page.
3. Offer a PDF or a free gift to incite people to ‘like’ your Facebook Page.
4. Embed your blog or site with the “Facebook Social Plug-in” at the top of the right side banner. This will allow visitors to ‘like’ your page without actually going to Facebook.
5. Join related Facebook groups and also write blog posts and comments that will drive the direct traffic to your Fan Page to connect with you on Facebook.
6. Provide a link of your Facebook page in your email newsletter banner, on both at the top of the page and at the bottom of the page of the newsletter.
7. Capture emails by using your Facebook page for your email marketing. Email Marketing is still a very effective marketing tool, though it is a bit old. Make it simple and easy for people to subscribe to you through email to receive updated news, contents and blog posts via email.
8. Provide a link to subscribe to your blog or site via RSS.
Facebook is a powerful and effective marketing tool that not only enables you to reach your fans but also to reach the friends of your fans. It provides us a multiplier-effect platform for sharing and distributing content.
Roberta Smith writes for http://www.toyotaplace.com. She enjoys content and writing about the social sphere.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!